Monday, April 20, 2015

Grab a Slab of Flab and Jab

It's been years since I've had to do this; I thought I was being good... It's not like I don't eat meat: I eat meat once or twice a week!
I knew something was going on - the lethargy, always tired; my get up and go had gotten up and left.
So when I had to have some blood-work done for the septoplasty surgery, I asked my doctor about testing the B12 level. She said it was something that was not covered in Germany, therefore I would have to pay for that test. I was rather surprised at this, so said "That's okay, never mind then."
Apparently never mind means go ahead in German... they did the test.
Now when I received the results of my blood-work, no B12. I thought nothing of it until a bill came in the mail.

When at the doctors again, I asked her about this, and she pulled up the results on the computer - there was a "flag" by my B12 results, and I should have been contacted/informed about the results!

My count is very low, again.
Should be as high as 900; mine is 113.
Dr. Schultz said I would have to come in weekly for a shot; I told her I could do it myself. 
She was very surprised at this, and said "that is very unusual".
Hahaha - yup, that's me - unusual. There is nothing usual about me.

So, once again, I am giving myself a needle full of B12.
No, I won't ask Dean to do it for me - experiencing that once was enough thank you.
I love you honey, but I got this covered.   0_0 

No comments: