Thursday, July 2, 2015

So Begins A New Chapter - The Move

It was a very long trip from Germany to Canada!
The evening before, we went over to Maria and Lazaros' place for dinner, (Lazaros, unfortunately, was in France) before doing the walk through with Frau Carnarius. Steffi was having some issues with a couple of friends back in Greece, so she was very sad - which made my heart sad too! She didn't join us for supper, thus she didn't get to witness my extreme gracefulness: I managed to break TWO wine glasses, full of wine of course, by dropping a glass salad bowl onto them. My hands were so sore from cleaning all day, they just gave out on me... glass and wine everywhere!  *boo.
Evelina bore witness to the messy, embarrassing ordeal.    ⊙.☉ (OH. MY WORD. Seriously!)

We left Maria and Evelina to clean up the mess (sorry) while we zoomed back to the house to do the walk through with Frau Carnarius - she wasn't impressed about the time - 23:00... oops. Once she saw how clean, finished up, and secure everything was, she was pleased; that place was absolutely spotless!




We gave her a beautiful red rose bush to plant in her garden as a thank you for being such an amazing landlord for the past two years; I hope it grows well for her; she loves her roses.   '◡'





Then quickly back to Maria's place to have a quick visit, (this time Steffi join as well, yaaay!) then hop in bed, hurry up and sleep, so we could get up early to begin the horrible trip back to Canadia.






The journey began with Fritz being so freaked out in his little carry case, that he peed; right at the very beginning, about ten minutes into the 15 minute car ride to the airport! Oh joy.

So, we had a wet, pee-pee cat in a box for 18 hours!
Poor baby; not nice.  ╯.╰



There we were: two suitcases, two carry-ons, a box, a camera, and a urine soaked cat.    ό,ὸ

Thus the journey began.









He may have been rather smelly, yes, however Fritz was such a good boy!
He did not make a single noise the entire time, stayed in his case - and I had the case open during most of the flight time; his carry case sat on the tray in front of me, I had the flap open with my hand inside, he held onto my hand with his paws, and laid his head on top; he slept, and I slept, just like that while flying. I was his security, and I knew he was safe.
It was all good.
Even the airport staff couldn't believe how good he was.
That's my little Fritzal.  




A rainbow during our drive to Waskesiu, Saskatchewan, for Elenée's wedding the next day.


Welcome back to Canada.





It's been a very long trip - and it's not over yet.

No comments: