Friday, January 3, 2020

Weifen's Wedding, Day Three




Day three is Weifen and her family's day; yesterday was Jimmy's family's, and was the official side of the wedding, but today is significant - this is the day, (in Weifen's heart) when she no longer is a daughter, but now is a wife; this is the day her tie to her mother is cut, and the join is now with her husband instead... 

We began with more tea ceremonies, this one to honour the people in her life she felt made a significant impact.


The newlyweds serve tea; the first offering goes to their god, the rest to the person being honoured. You see this in the video.        
                 ↙ 
             ↙
        ↙   
       Imagine, if you can, how absolutely stunned Dean and I were when Weifen and Jimmy asked us to come sit and be honoured, accepting tea from them; my heart was moved to (silent) tears.   Oh my word... what a special honour indeed.




Now to move on to Weifen's family reception, at a different "restaurant", which also looks suspiciously like a large ball/conference room, set up for those 1200 of Weifen's family and closest friends. Also very elegant.





Was soooo nice to see, and catch up with some of my own students from Singapore - Carmen! πŸ’•πŸ’—πŸ’•
So beautiful, and she is a mommy now! Darling little, (lucky) girl - she will have the best mommy ever.  😊









Look: here comes the bride! ❤❤❤
     




Earlier that morning, when Weifen and I were having one of our personal chats, she confided that she did not feel she had the strength to make it through this day; that she had some speeches she had to make - how could she do them without breaking down?!!   I think we all know this feeling...

I assured her, if she felt she did not have the strength to continue, all she had to do was look at me, and I would send her strength; I would be her strength if needed me to, (this meant I could not cry... oh dear).






Mom and Dad brought Weifen down the isle, with her veil back off her face- when they got to the steps they kissed her, and her mom pulled the veil up over her face; perhaps signifying the closing of Weifen's position as daughter?   
Weifen searched desperately for strength - our eyes locked.


This is when Jimmy stepped up to her, moving the veil back off her face; perhaps to signify the beginning of her new role as wife?
Our eyes locked.

The beginning of their relationship as a married couple, (and of course still friends!!!  πŸ˜‰).





















I promised to be strong, and made sure I was always where I could be seen in case (when) she needed strength vibes.











I shared as many as needed, whenever needed, keeping a few extra tucked away just in case...
Oh my word, I was certainly exhausted by the end of the evening.

Who knew being strong could be so tiring - physically and emotionally?!!  *whew






Stunning bride, and she did an amazing job with her role in "the performance";   the directors must be proud, I know I am - beautifully done Weifen! πŸ’–









At the finish of the ceremony, they were followed out by a group of lantern carriers - there were quite a few, but I only caught a couple of them.








The final day was relaxing before the driver came and took us (yes, we had a driver the whole time we were there!) to Weifen's family "property", which is a little piece of land (in the middle of town it felt) where they have a small farm, of sorts. I love it! πŸ˜›




Weifen's mom wanted to have a meal with Dean and I, Jimmy and Weifen, as well as Sandra and Herve who taught in Singapore also.








This property has a pond/lake, with fresh fish - really fresh!          
                  
         








And - TREE CHICKENS!
Only found in China...
😹😹😹

I love the tree chickens.







Oh my word, it was SO good to see Weifen, and to know that she is will be strong and amazing in her new role; also to know she now understands that she will always be her mothers daughter; nothing and nobody can take that away!!
Forever and for always.

































It was also good to see and meet Jimmy; to get to know him, just a little, in the very short time we had together.

I wish for you both absolute happiness, as lovers and as friends - always as friends!
Hold eac hother colse.










Meeting Weifen's mom was also a very special moment - one I will always hold close to my heart;
she is my new heart-friend♡♡♡ 




























It was also nice to connect with a friend/ former colleague!

Oh my word, Sandra that was SO wonderful!!








Now it is time to leave China behind, and head back to Canada.

We arrived on a smoggy day, and left on a smoggy day; however every day in between was beautiful!


What a wonderful, amazing, once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Thank you for including us in your special performance
Weifen & Jimmy.









Just for shits and giggles, how is your counting abilities?

Just glad we were on the 29th floor, and not the 24th, or 18th, or...
Hmm, counting is not someone's strength! 😹

No comments: