Thursday, September 17, 2020

Good Day for a Walk








When the sun is shining, James is off work, and Percy is happy with life - seems like the perfect day to venture outside, walk in the park and go for coffee. πŸ˜Ž



         

Łòdź has some beautiful parks, one of which is located right between James and Zuzia's place and the flat I have rented for the month, thus I have a wonderful walk everyday getting from one location to the other.


 




James has been so accommodating: he walked over the first few mornings to make sure I was comfortable with the directions getting to their place, and he walks me back to my flat (it's dark out) every evening after Percy is ready for bed - even after the attempted mugging (which ended with a "who has the biggest blade" standoff between him and the assailant; assailant gave up) when returning home one evening.  πŸ™

This is not a regular occurrence in this area!



He patiently took me grocery shopping so I would have a few things at my flat when needed.

Have never seen sunflower seeds sold quite like this before - cool!  Sunflowers are apparently something commonly grown here, and are enjoyed in most homes. πŸ˜‹

Also super cool is the opportunity to look at, identify and discuss some of the different flora and foliage are the area; for instance this Mirabelle plum tree, (Prunus domestica subsp. syriaca) located in the courtyard area outside James and Zuzia's place. As you see, they are very common, and people do not bother to pick up the fruit,  (which apparently can be really quite messy); you can see in the close up of one of the fruit, the pits from years gone bye are still spread around untouched. 


Another plant I am enjoying is the European Barberry, (Berberis vulgaris L.). 
It looks amazing this time of year with the berries hanging prolifically on each branch - so striking! ❤️

Then of course there is the oh so beautiful Hydrangea; this one is from the Hydrangea macrophylla (Thunb.) series,  *sigh. 
Seeing this outside James and Zuzia's place really makes me miss our suit in Dreieich, Germany. So gorgeous.
The most beautiful flower I have seen so far on this trip I think has to be the Wee Love, (Persefona Liliana 'Wee Love').😍πŸ₯° 😍 

No comments: