Thursday, September 17, 2020

My Polish Airbnb Nightmare!






Eighteen hours after leaving my home, arriving in Poland, having spent a few hours visiting the kids and seeing my most beautiful amazing granddaughter, James and I headed to the rented Airbnb. The issues began almost immediately, considering the Airbnb renter gave us the wrong address… she then sent us to a different location from the one we had originally booked. When James and I arrived at the apartment late that Thursday evening, September 3, we should have known it would be yucky and with issues simply just judging by the condition of the “welcome mat“... eww.









Upon first glance, things look fine – aside from the extremely strong stale cigarette smell; however first impressions are not always accurate, and in this case was completely incorrect. 


Didn’t have to look very far to discover how dirty things really were!

We looked for another place close by the kids flat - the owner of this one owns all of them! *boo
                        
                                     

The sink was filthy, and has no plug, so I had to use a large pot as my “sink“ for washing dishes and such. It’s like camping, but expensive campIng.


                   
Pulled a dish out of the cupboard, thought maybe it was just stained – nope. Not sure what this is, but eww. So I looked further into the cupboard, only to discover the filthiness of it. I took out a couple of dishes that I would be using, washed them and set them aside; those are the only dishes I would use for the entire time - not cool.  🤮





Apparently guests are allowed to have pets here, as indicated by the pet hair everywhere.  Also am pretty sure one of the last guests had long dark hair which was everywhere... eww.



   Should not find such interesting things like this on the underside of the kettle, (or anywhere) but at this point I became no longer surprised - just disgusted. 






Also, the garbage can was not emptied after the last person.


In the bathroom, my nightmares truly begin to form. How deeply can one express the eeewwwness of this room?!! 

Oh. My. Word, yuck.


                           

The toilet, as you can see, was beyond disgusting. Gross.

I ended up cleaning the lid, the seat, and the top of the toilet rim - the areas that would possibly be touched by me. The rest, I refuse to clean! Anybody that knows me knows how I feel about bathrooms to begin with, and this is just absolutely gross! Seriously gross. 


(And if anyone ever did clean, they apparently do not know how to run a cloth across the tops of any ledges, as indicated by the massive buildup of grunge. This grunge has been here for a very long time.)

     
                                 
    

The shower door refuses to stay on its track, making it next to impossible to get in and out of it. When you do get in, and close it, after reassembling it numerous times, there are gaping holes where it does not connect, making it very difficult to keep the water inside the shower. Stupid, dumb, and very very frustrating. A couple of times the door came completely off the track all together! That seems rather unsafe to me…

        
This is the bathroom carpet ↗ when I arrived...  again I say, eww!     Nothing a washing machine can't fix.   ↖

  And now for a few more before and then after I cleaned bathroom photos for you:
     

             

There is a washing machine in the bathroom, covered by an upside down bathmat. The bathmat was so filthy, the top of the washing machine was covered in dirt from it. Sitting on top of this were the brand new, (never laundered) white bath towels, left for my use. 

Whoa - what the heck?!

Ha! Now let’s open the washing machine and check-a-look shall we… Seriously? ⤵ Umm, yuck. 

     
   
 












Thankfully the bed is actually not too overly uncomfortable, 

if I sleep on an angle, 

corner to corner. 😹




















There is a shelving unit which I decided I would use for my clothing, as I felt this is a better location, compared to the dresser and wardrobe located in the front entry. 

When I was about to put my clothes and a few things on it, I decided to make sure it was clean – nope.  *heavy sigh  ⤵

     


In the photos on the website for this Airbnb, or at least the one we had originally booked, there was a nice little table and chair set out on the patio. When I saw this, my comment to Dean was “That will be a wonderful spot to sit and have my morning coffee“. ☕️

The door leading out to the patio is disgustingly filthy, but not nearly as filthy as the patio itself!

There is absolutely no way I can sit out there (even if there were a table and chair set, which there is not) to enjoy a cup of coffee; I do not want to sit in a whole ginormous pile of pigeon shit and look at the stupid messy improperly attached netting.  ⤵

          

The netting they put up around the patio area is not secured properly, and the pigeons come in anyways. All this accomplishes is to take away from one’s ability to look out, and makes it easy for the pigeons to come in. Which they do. And wake me up in the morning. And poop everywhere... *grrrr


And now for a couple of other photos of the broken things found throughout the flat:

Enough of that - that is boring... now here is the latest:
I was just finishing up this post when I found out that the Airbnb owner is blaming me for the broken shower door, and said "When you vacate the apartment, it will be carefully checked for any other damages."... seriously! WTH! 🤬

If she cared, (which she obviously does not) these are a few of the things I wrote down as suggestions for fixing/cleaning (just a few):

Apartment issues

  • Smells of stale, very strong, cigarette smoke 
  • Did not provide proper wifi name, and wrong  password
  • Not clean
  • Things are in disrepair 
  • Toilet runs
  • No coffee machine
  • Dirty dishes
  • Filthy dish cupboard 
  • Dirty, obviously used and put back, cutlery in the drawer. A spoon with mouth marks, and a fork with food and mouth marks.
  • Windows so dirty can hardly see out
  • Bath towels new - unwashed
  • Bathmat filthy
  • Shower doors do not work properly (come off track)
  • Lamp in the living area, foot of the  bed, does not work properly, (flickers constantly)
  • Patio door is filthy.
  • Patio is disgusting, filthy, and unusable.

No comments: